You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple HomeKit (Grouping Devices)

I have 7 devices that I've grouped together. Today I added some striplights behind my tv that are HomeKit compatible. The lights work fine but I can't put them in the same group as the other 7 devices. When I go in to add the lights to the group it isn't there. Anyone know why?

Posted on May 7, 2022 8:47 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 8, 2022 2:55 PM in response to Starman1148

Hello Starman1148,

Welcome to Apple SUpport Communities. We understand you need some help with grouping new HomeKit accessories.

Look at this article to double-check the steps being followed to find that option:

Control accessories with Home on iPhone

Then, we'd recommend making sure your devices are fully updated:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update HomePod - Apple Support

It can also help to try force closing the Home app, and relaunch it:

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

Restarting your devices can sometimes help with odd issues that crop up as well:

Restart your iPhone

Restart HomePod mini or HomePod
Open the Home app on the primary user's iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, press and hold HomePod. On Mac, double-click HomePod. Scroll down and tap or click Reset HomePod, then select Restart HomePod.

Take care.

Apple HomeKit (Grouping Devices)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.