You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I update my Apple Watch s3

How can I update my Apple Watch series 3

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 8, 2022 8:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 8, 2022 8:29 AM

Apple Watch series 3 can be a bit difficult to upgrade, but here to help.

If you haven't tried the update yet please check this link: Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

and follow the steps provided.

If you have tried the update, but it fails because of lack of space on the series 3:

If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

The space problem is the most common issue with updating the series 3 so I hope this would work.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 8, 2022 8:29 AM in response to Angelaezinne769

Apple Watch series 3 can be a bit difficult to upgrade, but here to help.

If you haven't tried the update yet please check this link: Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

and follow the steps provided.

If you have tried the update, but it fails because of lack of space on the series 3:

If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

The space problem is the most common issue with updating the series 3 so I hope this would work.

May 8, 2022 8:34 AM in response to Angelaezinne769

The apple watch 3 GPS only has only 8GB of internal storage, most of that is taken

up by the operating system and other critical software with not much space left for the

update.So installing or even pairing to an ios15 phone is proving nearly

impossible for just about all the watch 3 users on this forum.

same applies to Apple watch 1 and 2 they are almost impossible to either pair or

update with an ios 14 or ios15 phone.

Your best course of action is to call in at an apple store and ask them to pair/update it for you.

How can I update my Apple Watch s3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.