You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not able to move notes to a folder in Notes app.

When I try to move a note to another folder, the list of folders in my iCloud account is all grayed out, and I am not able to drag a note to those folders either. I have other devices using this account that are older and do not support the newer features like smart folder. What should I do? Do I need to remove those devices from my trusted devices list or log out of my iCloud account on those older devices?

I am having this problem on macOS Monterey 12.3.1 on a Mac Pro.

Mac Pro, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 8, 2022 1:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 8, 2022 1:27 PM

Shinehah wrote:

When I try to move a note to another folder, the list of folders in my iCloud account is all grayed out, and I am not able to drag a note to those folders either. I have other devices using this account that are older and do not support the newer features like smart folder. What should I do? Do I need to remove those devices from my trusted devices list or log out of my iCloud account on those older devices?

See if there is anything here:

Notes User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Use Notes on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 8, 2022 1:27 PM in response to madirmur59

Shinehah wrote:

See if there is anything here:

Notes User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Use Notes on iCloud.com - Apple Support

May 10, 2022 7:04 AM in response to leroydouglas

I checked those links. I found this link when I looked for the relevant content in the first link you gave me: select the notes

I found the following content at the bottom of the page in the following link when I went to the second link you gave me.

Move a note from one folder to another

• In Notes on iCloud.com, drag the note to the folder you want to move it to. Notes are listed by last-modified date, with the most recent note at the top of the notes list.
  • You can’t move notes to the All iCloud folder.

Organize notes in folders on iCloud.com - Apple Support

None of those address the problem I'm having.

I also noticed I can't move notes on my iPhone either. It's an iPhone 13 Pro Max using the same Apple ID.

I am not able to move notes to a folder in Notes app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.