You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv stuck on ethernet no option for wifi

unable to change from ethernet to wifi even though ethernet cable is unplugged. have done a factory reset still wont connect

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on May 11, 2022 9:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 12:59 PM

I did your recommendations prior to posting this problem. I then re did exactly as you said. still no help. I am sorry but not reading what I am saying and giving basic ideas like turning power off etc is not any help. READ what my reply was after doing your basic ideas...

8 replies

May 11, 2022 10:35 AM in response to lyndon911C

It is possible your Apple TV is out of Wi-Fi range. There are a couple of things you can attempt.

Please do the following:

1. Unplug your modem from its power source for 2-3 minutes and please restart modem.
  2. Unplug your router from its power source for 2-3 minutes and restart router.
  3. Unplug Apple TV from Power for 2-3 minutes – re-plug in and retest. 

If the above steps do not work, then you may have an issue with your network providing an adequate Wi-Fi signal where the Apple TV is locate in your home. Please use a tool such as iStumbler to check the Wi-Fi strength.

If you still have a problem, you may have some additional security setup on your network that is preventing the Apple TV from receiving a WiFi signal.

apple tv stuck on ethernet no option for wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.