You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Add Title at beginning of project, retaining all other spacing

I know how to add a clips/backgrounds with Titles superimposed, anywhere in the timeline.

I want to add that at the beginning of a movie project that has detached audio and several split clips in both the video & audio timelines.

It appears if I add my background/title to the front end of the project, I must then manually move all the video & audio timelines forward, which knocks many split portions out of sync with each other or the detached audio.

Is there a way to add some extra 'seconds' or clips at the front end that moves everything else - video timeline, audio timeline, image timeline - forward while retaining all spacing & sync?

Alternatively, is there a way to select every timeline, clip & spacing, like a 'Select All,' so that when they inch forward, they all stay in sync, in spite of the many breaks & splits?

Posted on May 11, 2022 9:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 11, 2022 10:12 AM

The easiest way would be to finish your editing and then export your movie to your desktop, without the title. That would merge all of your edits. Then re-import the movie back into a new iMovie project Then add your title to the beginning of the movie.

-- Rich

1 reply

iMovie Add Title at beginning of project, retaining all other spacing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.