You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a iMac (retina 4K 21.5 inch 2017, can I upgrade the software, its currently showing macOS High Sierra

I have a iMac (retina 4K 21.5 inch 2017, can I upgrade the software, its currently showing macOS High Sierra

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 12, 2022 3:43 AM

2 replies

May 12, 2022 8:57 AM in response to Kelli1975

A 2017 iMac supports up to the current macOS v12 "Monterey."

Apple's compatibility Information is near the bottom of this page:

macOS Monterey - Apple

However, if your iMac has the original mechanical hard drive, it will be quite slow with any os version higher than Mojave 10.14. Also, older hardware, such as Office 2011 or older and old version of Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud, will not run if you go past Mojave. If you have Apple's Fusion Drive or a factory solids-state drive, your 2017 should have no issues.

32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later - Apple Support

You can use this tool to see what 32-bits you have and whether you can upgrade them to a version compatible with macOS 10.15 or newer.

https://www.stclairsoft.com/Go64/index.html

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.