You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration assistant did not transfer applications - can I do it again

I just used migration assistant to set up my new MacBook Air - then found applications nor my disk were transferred. Can I use the Migration app again, or should I restart? Anyway to do this quickly?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on May 13, 2022 10:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 10:40 PM

"Migration assistant did not transfer applications - can I do it again: I just used migration assistant to set up my new MacBook Air - then found applications nor my disk were transferred. Can I use the Migration app again, or should I restart? Anyway to do this quickly?"

-------

Migration Assistant:

Try using Migration Assistant again. For apps that do not transfer, then it may be an issue with device-only apps --in which case, you'd have to contact the Developer, letting them know that you have transferred it over, and need a new key.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 13, 2022 10:40 PM in response to Not Acolyte

"Migration assistant did not transfer applications - can I do it again: I just used migration assistant to set up my new MacBook Air - then found applications nor my disk were transferred. Can I use the Migration app again, or should I restart? Anyway to do this quickly?"

-------

Migration Assistant:

Try using Migration Assistant again. For apps that do not transfer, then it may be an issue with device-only apps --in which case, you'd have to contact the Developer, letting them know that you have transferred it over, and need a new key.

Migration assistant did not transfer applications - can I do it again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.