You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard backlight turned yellow in some spots

I have an M1 Macbook Pro 2020 and I just noticed that the keyboard backlight has turned yellow. Some spots are still white, but the majority have turned yellow. I don't think they're the keys that are less used. Is this something that can be fixed on a software level? Does true tone extend to backlight temperature levels?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 15, 2022 6:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2022 12:15 AM

Try a simple restart as SMC reset is handled from within the M1 chip. If no joy there, try a safe mode start, let it sit for 10 minutes or so then do a normal restart: Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

If that doesn't work, it could indicate a hardware issue with the Mac. Evaluation by Apple is indicated: Mac Service and Repair

If you need further assistance, or help setting up service, contact Apple Support here: Get Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2022 12:15 AM in response to abdullahdeshmukh

Try a simple restart as SMC reset is handled from within the M1 chip. If no joy there, try a safe mode start, let it sit for 10 minutes or so then do a normal restart: Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

If that doesn't work, it could indicate a hardware issue with the Mac. Evaluation by Apple is indicated: Mac Service and Repair

If you need further assistance, or help setting up service, contact Apple Support here: Get Support

Keyboard backlight turned yellow in some spots

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.