You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri sound not working iPhone XR

I can not get any sound when I query Siri, the written response appears so Siri works but not the voice response.The same is true when I use Waze. Info appears but not verbal instructions.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on May 16, 2022 11:01 AM

1 reply

May 17, 2022 8:43 AM in response to Bayperson

Hi Bayperson,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand you have some sound issues with Siri and even a third-party app. We want to isolate what might be going on and determine if the issue is specific to Siri or in general with your iPhone.

First, do you notice any sound issues when listening from any other app (Music, Phone, Voice Memos)?

If you use the speakerphone while on a call, are you able to hear normally?

Do you hear audio when using headphones or EarPods?

If you have a case on your iPhone, we'd recommend removing it and testing the audio again, specifically with Siri.

Finally, let's walk through these steps to narrow down the issue:

1. Set the ring/silent switch to ring. (Use the side, Home, and other buttons on your iPhone)
  2. Go to Settings > Accessibility.
  3. Tap Audio/Visual.
  4. Slide the audio volume balance slider all the way to the right.
    1. Repeat the steps above, changing the audio volume balance slider to the left instead.
    2. Listen to your iPhone speaker. If no sound plays or the sound is distorted or muffled, let us know.
  5. When you are done testing, remember to return the audio volume balance slider to its previous setting.

We look forward to hearing back from you with additional details and how the troubleshooting steps have done.

Best regards.

Siri sound not working iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.