You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine does not see my SSD

I am trying to initiate a time machine backup but the macbook air does not recognize the sandisk extreme ssd

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on May 16, 2022 7:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2022 7:43 PM

ericappl Said:

"Time Machine does not see my SSD: I am trying to initiate a time machine backup but the macbook air does not recognize the sandisk extreme ssd"

-------

Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Intel or Silicon) . You need to click the “Mount’ button to proceed. So, select the drives, and then click "Mount" Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more. It looks dulled-out. So, if you cannot click it, then click the First Aid button to fix this volume.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2022 7:43 PM in response to ericappl

ericappl Said:

"Time Machine does not see my SSD: I am trying to initiate a time machine backup but the macbook air does not recognize the sandisk extreme ssd"

-------

Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Intel or Silicon) . You need to click the “Mount’ button to proceed. So, select the drives, and then click "Mount" Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more. It looks dulled-out. So, if you cannot click it, then click the First Aid button to fix this volume.

Time Machine does not see my SSD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.