You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

calendar

Characters in my calendar are in Chinese how do I get rid of them and just have english. Any ideas.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 17, 2022 2:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 20, 2022 4:10 AM

Thank you so much for replying.

I did say that I am not computer savvy but I followed your instructions to were it says delete, I was worried that the calendar would disappear altogether but I did it and hey presto you are a genius thanks again.

kind regards

Christine

5 replies

May 19, 2022 6:18 AM in response to Curl4302

Thanks for the update. You can find the steps to delete unwanted calendars in your Mac here:

Add or delete calendars on Mac - Apple Support

Delete a calendar
1. In the Calendar app  on your Mac, click the calendar’s name in the calendar list.
If you don’t see the calendar list on the left, choose View > Show Calendar List.
2. Choose Edit > Delete.

If it's a calendar subscription, the steps are just a bit different:

Subscribe to calendars on Mac - Apple Support

Unsubscribe from a calendar
If you want to stop subscribing to someone else’s calendar, you can unsubscribe from it.
1. In the Calendar app  on your Mac, Control-click the calendar in the calendar list, then choose Unsubscribe.
If you don’t see the calendar list on the left, choose View > Show Calendar List.

For the future, this is a great article about how to avoid phishing scams:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Cheers.

calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.