You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2022 Books STILL does not download books over cellular

Related to this: iBooks STILL does not download books over… - Apple Community

I have been having this issue since iPhone. 7, now I have iPhone 13 pro max and I still have the same issue.

Personal books (pdf, etc) in iBooks can't be downloaded when I only have cellular. it's very frustrating!!! I can't read elsewhere and iBooks keep deleting my offline data after I download from wifi

Does anyone has any issue with this as well??

Please help apple!!

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on May 18, 2022 7:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 3:51 PM

Same issue. iBooks randomly offloads books to cloud even though plenty of space available. Refuses to download on lte or 5g but works on Wi-Fi or 5Guw

Similar questions

5 replies

May 29, 2022 5:17 PM in response to Robertwt7

Same issue! This has been ongoing for YEARS!! If I want my books offloaded to the cloud I will do it myself! Often if I’m reading on my phone it is because I have no WiFi access…. And nothing to read because my telephone has seen fit to make it where cellular data cannot download a 2mb epub file… This is a huge inconvenience since I’ve already downloaded the book. I don’t have this problem with any other media, most of which consists of much larger files. Yet Apple has decided to save me storage space by removing the smallest files on my phone…And making them inaccessible without WiFi. GIVE ME A BREAK!! LEAVE MY BOOKS ALONE!! What purpose does this serve besides creating an unnecessary inconvenience at an inappropriate time?

Jul 19, 2022 11:04 PM in response to Robertwt7

This problem will never be solved until Apple fixes the app. I download a lot of non apple PDF’s and periodically they all disappear. After having a panic attack I go through all the suggested steps of which there are many and if I’m lucky eventually they all return. It doesn’t seem to matter if the documents are stored in the cloud or on the device.

This doesn’t happen with the kindle app on my iPad.

FIX IT Apple! your credibility is deteriorating.

Jul 7, 2022 2:26 PM in response to Bc1369

100%, I have been on a contact with apple support, however in the middle of the conversation she just dropped off. She was supposed to report this to the book team, however the process was sooo annoying. She told me to keep doing so many same debugging process again and again. Feels like they don't want to admit the bug lol. even though so many people are experiencing this issue

2022 Books STILL does not download books over cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.