You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I mark one email in a thread as Unread?

I am on my Macbook Pro, and I have an email thread. If I set it as unread, it says 9 emails are unread. But only one is unread. Or marked that way for me to return to.

I don't want to see 9 emails in my task bar, just the one.

So in Macbook, how do I mark that one email as unread?

Simon

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on May 18, 2022 9:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 18, 2022 9:37 AM

simon_a6 wrote:

I am on my Macbook Pro, and I have an email thread. If I set it as unread, it says 9 emails are unread. But only one is unread. Or marked that way for me to return to.

Simon

Did you try disabling Conversations /show hide related messages and compare your results..(?)

View email conversations in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Customize toolbars on Mac - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 18, 2022 9:37 AM in response to simon_a6

simon_a6 wrote:

Simon

Did you try disabling Conversations /show hide related messages and compare your results..(?)

View email conversations in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Customize toolbars on Mac - Apple Support

May 19, 2022 7:05 AM in response to simon_a6

simon_a6 wrote:

I do the the way to set it to show each email separately, which is fine. Just wish I could go to the thread, and mark as read, and then mark just one as Unread.

While this is the default setup for emails, seems bizarre that there is no way to scroll thru the emails and "mark as read/unread".

I do not use the "Conversations" or "Show related" to test further...

If the Shift Command U does not work as expected, you can submit feedback/file a bug report directly with the product team:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/mail.html

you can always Call Customer Support  (800) MYAPPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line  https://getsupport.apple.com/

How do I mark one email in a thread as Unread?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.