You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to lock my iphone its been stolen

I want to lock my iphone because it's have been stolen

Posted on May 18, 2022 12:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 18, 2022 12:05 PM

Lost Mode lets you lock your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or Apple Watch so that others can’t access your personal information. You can turn on Lost Mode in Find My iPhone on iCloud.com.

This assumes that you have set up Find My iPhone and the service is enabled.

Use Lost Mode in Find My iPhone on iCloud.com - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 18, 2022 12:05 PM in response to aissata33

Lost Mode lets you lock your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or Apple Watch so that others can’t access your personal information. You can turn on Lost Mode in Find My iPhone on iCloud.com.

This assumes that you have set up Find My iPhone and the service is enabled.

Use Lost Mode in Find My iPhone on iCloud.com - Apple Support

May 18, 2022 12:29 PM in response to aissata33

Just to be clear … your iPhone is already VERY secure and “locked” by it’s normal Passcode. (assuming that you have a truly secret, not easily-guessed passcode)

Lost mode does a few extra things - disables Apple Pay for one - but also allows you to add a screen message allowing an honest finder to return the phone to you.

FWIW, it DOES work too - left my phone in a Las Vegas taxi early evening; had it back in my possession within two hours.

Next … if (when) contacted NEVER give your passcode, AppleID, or password to ANYBODY or enter it into ANY linked web page.

It’s a scam - often appearing VERY legit and sophisticated - by someone trying to break into your phone and/or steal your AppleID identity.

I want to lock my iphone its been stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.