You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Storage

Why is my phone saying my iCloud is full when I’m on the Apple one family with 200G storage? I even purchased 50G more but still getting the same problem. My pictures are not backing up. Please assist

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on May 19, 2022 9:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 19, 2022 10:00 AM

You cannot have more than one iCloud subscription at a time. You cannot buy extra storage to the plan you have.

If you were using a family shared 200GB subscription, and purchased a 50GB one, then you effectively downgraded to only 50GB of storage space rather than having 250G total. This means you are likely using more than the 50GB you now have.

If you were running out of storage on the 200GB shared plan, then the Family Organizer would need to increase the shared storage to the 2TB option (no intermediate options available and you cannot just buy 50GB chunks).

On your iPhone check your usage in Settings->Account(top of Settings)->iCloud->Manage Storage.

If you want to return to the shared 200GB plan, then go to Settings->Account->Family Sharing->iCloud+ and tap on Use Family Storage. This should cancel the 50GB plan you subscribed to.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 19, 2022 10:00 AM in response to khanya101

You cannot have more than one iCloud subscription at a time. You cannot buy extra storage to the plan you have.

If you were using a family shared 200GB subscription, and purchased a 50GB one, then you effectively downgraded to only 50GB of storage space rather than having 250G total. This means you are likely using more than the 50GB you now have.

If you were running out of storage on the 200GB shared plan, then the Family Organizer would need to increase the shared storage to the 2TB option (no intermediate options available and you cannot just buy 50GB chunks).

On your iPhone check your usage in Settings->Account(top of Settings)->iCloud->Manage Storage.

If you want to return to the shared 200GB plan, then go to Settings->Account->Family Sharing->iCloud+ and tap on Use Family Storage. This should cancel the 50GB plan you subscribed to.

iCloud Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.