You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs disappearing from my library

Hi, I recently noticed songs or entire albums that I bought (I don’t like apple’s subscription service) missing from my library. I’m really not happy about this as with the several hundred songs I own, it takes a while to notice when I haven’t heard one in a while, only to find it’s vanished, even though I should in fact own it. Pretty sneaky Apple

Posted on May 19, 2022 4:46 PM

7 replies

May 20, 2022 9:28 AM in response to Katana-San

Hi Katana San, unfortunately no help there, just off the top of my head I noticed The Waterboys “the whole of the moon” is missing from my library because I’ve heard it a million times letting my songs shuffle, now it’s vanished. Before that was Big County, the entire The Crossing album that I’ve bought in every incarnation since vinyl, was gone and I went and bought a second time in the Apple store before I considered this would be a recurring problem. I won’t know how many more are missing until I realize I haven’t heard them in a while. Would appreciate anyones input

Jun 3, 2022 1:28 PM in response to elcpu

1. Hi Katana San, unfortunately this doesn't help; I cancelled my apple music subscription because I pretty much already bought everything I want to hear, so the prompt to turn on sync library doesn't apply ("Turn on Sync Library. If you don't subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, you won’t see an option to turn on Sync Library") & as mentioned earlier, I don't need a computer for anything so my own is ancient & hasn't updated itunes in years. I just use my phone & am now noticing more & more songs that have just vanished. Please help

Chris

Songs disappearing from my library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.