You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime 10 missing from Monterey 12.3.1

My Quicktime app is missing on my 2021 M1 Macbook Pro with Monterey 12.3.1. The folder is there in the Applications, but it's empty.

Thoughts?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 20, 2022 10:04 AM

7 replies

May 20, 2022 1:19 PM in response to jeffreythefrog

Thanks, that did it. In fact, when I use that dialogue box to "show in finder", it does take me to the Quicktime icon in my list of applications. I see now that previously when I had double clicked that QT icon in my applications list, it DID actually open the app, as indicated by the Quicktime menu system appearing at the top of the screen (which I missed before), but with no video chosen there was nothing to show on the screen. But what it did do was also open this dialogue box, which I had not seen before, and so it confused me, thinking QT had not actually opened. Anyway, mystery solved. Thanks for your help!

May 20, 2022 1:26 PM in response to GabrielBaronFilms

GabrielBaronFilms wrote:

I see now that previously when I had double clicked that QT icon in my applications list, it DID actually open the app, as indicated by the Quicktime menu system appearing at the top of the screen (which I missed before), but with no video chosen there was nothing to show on the screen.

yes, that is QT's expected behaviour. sorry i neglected to mention checking the menubar to verify if it did indeed open when you double-clicked it within finder. my bad. :(

Anyway, mystery solved. Thanks for your help!

you're welcome.

Quicktime 10 missing from Monterey 12.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.