You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud for old photos

I did not have a suffiecient icloud plan, so I did not include photos to icloud. Now I increased my icloud storage. How can I upload my 22 thousand photos to icloud?

Thank you.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on May 21, 2022 11:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 11:47 PM

bengu192 Said:

"Icloud for old photos: I did not have a suffiecient icloud plan, so I did not include photos to icloud. Now I increased my icloud storage. How can I upload my 22 thousand photos to iCloud? Thank you."

-------

Uploading iPhone's Photos and Albums:

A. Enable Photos in iCloud Settings:

Is Photos enabled in iCloud Settings on this iPhone? If so, enable Photos in iCloud.

Enabling iCloud Photos on an iPhone:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud

Tap: Photos (so that it is green)

B. Purchased Enough Storage?

A high-resolution photo would be up to 4MB --with there being 22,000 photos, you need 88GB at max. So, did you purchase enough space?

C. Wait it Out:

Keeping your iPhone plugged in, and powered on, it will take a long time time to upload. So, you'd have to wait a bit, I'm sure.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 21, 2022 11:47 PM in response to bengu192

bengu192 Said:

"Icloud for old photos: I did not have a suffiecient icloud plan, so I did not include photos to icloud. Now I increased my icloud storage. How can I upload my 22 thousand photos to iCloud? Thank you."

-------

Uploading iPhone's Photos and Albums:

A. Enable Photos in iCloud Settings:

Is Photos enabled in iCloud Settings on this iPhone? If so, enable Photos in iCloud.

Enabling iCloud Photos on an iPhone:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud

Tap: Photos (so that it is green)

B. Purchased Enough Storage?

A high-resolution photo would be up to 4MB --with there being 22,000 photos, you need 88GB at max. So, did you purchase enough space?

C. Wait it Out:

Keeping your iPhone plugged in, and powered on, it will take a long time time to upload. So, you'd have to wait a bit, I'm sure.

Icloud for old photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.