You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete playlist but keep songs

Is there a way to delete a playlist on the iPhone apple music without deleting the songs in the playlist from your library?

every time I download a couple of songs, it creates a new playlist. I want the sons, but not all the playlists.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on May 22, 2022 10:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 10:30 AM

Yes, that is what I thought, however, when I download songs from Apple music, it creates a playlist based upon the album. I then cannot delete the playlist, without also deleting the music.

This is not a very useful way to manage music, as I now have about 50 playlists.

Is there a way to delete a playlist on the iPhone apple music without deleting the songs in the playlist from your library?

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 23, 2022 10:30 AM in response to picas

Yes, that is what I thought, however, when I download songs from Apple music, it creates a playlist based upon the album. I then cannot delete the playlist, without also deleting the music.

This is not a very useful way to manage music, as I now have about 50 playlists.

Delete playlist but keep songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.