You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download photos from my SLR canon camera into my photo library in my imac? With my PC, i connected the SD card to the computer and downloaded. How do I do this with my imac?

How do I download photos from my SLR Canon camera into my photo library in my new IMAC 24? With my PC, I I used a card reader and cable connected to my PC. HELP.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 22, 2022 1:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 22, 2022 2:37 PM

• Plug the card reader into the USB port
  • Make sure the SD card shows in Finder
  • Open Photos app
  • From the menu bar click on File -> Import
  • In the dialog box navigate to the SD card and select the images you want to import
11 replies

Jun 20, 2022 3:56 PM in response to AnnoulaC

AnnoulaC wrote:

My Canon Powershot is older and I have a brand new Mac/Monterrey. There is no card slot in my computer. I ordered a lightning bolt USB connector and it's too small to fit in back. What type of connector do I need? Or how can I download my camera pics?

You'll need to get an external USB 3.0 card reader. Amazon has quite a few.

How do I download photos from my SLR canon camera into my photo library in my imac? With my PC, i connected the SD card to the computer and downloaded. How do I do this with my imac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.