You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what if i clicked a phishing link on my iphone

Hello!

I received an email from my outlook:

‌‌Y‌‌our ‌A‌p‌p‌l‌e‌ ‌‌Ι‌‌D‌‌ has been ‌‌l‌‌o‌‌c‌‌k‌‌e‌‌ď‌‌ on Sunday, May, 22 2022 ‌‌f‌‌or ‌‌s‌‌ecurit‌‌y‌‌ ‌‌r‌‌eason‌‌s‌‌, because of too many fa‌‌i‌‌l‌‌ed ‌‌l‌‌og‌‌i‌‌n attempts
‌‌Y‌‌ou cannot access your account and any ‌A‌p‌p‌l‌e‌ services, ‌V‌erification is required before 24 hours to get re-access your account
T‌‌he purpose of this email is to ensure that we update you when important actions are taken. The ‌s‌ecurit‌y‌ of your account is important to us. If you don't recognize this activity

I think it is a phishing email as it is sent from AppI‌‌e‌‌ ‌І‌D‌ <k7m8tdtdxw@polaroidprinter.com>...

Unfortunately, I realized it is a phishing after I clicked on the click "Verify Your Account"

I immediately clear all my history and cache, and turn off my wifi.

I didn't provide any personal information (name, password, bank details etc), but I am still worried if I will get hacked.

‌‌Is there a way to check if malware has been installed on my iPhone?

Thank you!

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on May 22, 2022 6:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 22, 2022 7:01 PM

It hasn't. That type of threat is only a problem on Windows.

(218645)

2 replies

what if i clicked a phishing link on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.