You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Signal/Cellular data loss on iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Any one have any ideas about how to get the cellular data and signal back on an iPhone 12 Pro Max?

I have already tried checking with my carrier. We reset all network settings and changed the SIM card. It used to reset when I did a hard shut down, but not anymore. Airplane mode and do not disturb or not on. I plugged it into a computer and did a force update. iOS is up to date. Also tried erasing all settings to start it as a brand new phone again. Any other ideas are welcomed!

Posted on May 23, 2022 11:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 11:40 AM

Hey there,

If you try all these steps and still have this issue it could be a hardware issue, however take a look at these articles:

See ☞ If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

~

See ☞ If you see a Cellular, Ultra Wideband, or Apple Pay Issue message after an iOS update or restart - Apple Support

~

See ☞ If you see 'invalid SIM' or 'no SIM' on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

if all of that doesn’t work for you , Your next step will be to go to one of Apple's centers or Apple Authorized Service provider you can find one by this link ☞ Apple - Find Locations

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 23, 2022 11:40 AM in response to rossgirl64

Hey there,

If you try all these steps and still have this issue it could be a hardware issue, however take a look at these articles:

See ☞ If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

~

See ☞ If you see a Cellular, Ultra Wideband, or Apple Pay Issue message after an iOS update or restart - Apple Support

~

See ☞ If you see 'invalid SIM' or 'no SIM' on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

if all of that doesn’t work for you , Your next step will be to go to one of Apple's centers or Apple Authorized Service provider you can find one by this link ☞ Apple - Find Locations

Jul 1, 2022 10:24 PM in response to Iafeef

I had the same problem and tried everything. Ended up taking it to Apple and it was diagnosed as a failure on the SIM card connector, basically a $600 repair. The technician said he had never seen this failure before and was surprised as my phone was in great shape. So after one and a half years of use my phone was garbage. Even more frustrating was that it was worth $0 on trade for a new phone. I was really expecting better service given the age and condition of the phone.

Signal/Cellular data loss on iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.