You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does it say I have 128gb of storage and yet I’ve only used 38.8 and it still says I don’t have enough storage to back my photos up?

Why does it say I have 128gb of storage and yet I’ve only used 38.8 and it still says I don’t have enough storage to back my photos up?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on May 24, 2022 4:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 5:14 PM

If you’re backing up to iCloud, how much iCloud storage is free? If using iTunes or finder on a computer, how much disk space is free on the computer.

The 128GB of storage on your device is not the storage your data is backed up to. That is where your data is stored on the device so you can access and use it. You backup to external storage, either iCloud or the hard drive on your computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 24, 2022 5:14 PM in response to Johnson_grace1414

If you’re backing up to iCloud, how much iCloud storage is free? If using iTunes or finder on a computer, how much disk space is free on the computer.

The 128GB of storage on your device is not the storage your data is backed up to. That is where your data is stored on the device so you can access and use it. You backup to external storage, either iCloud or the hard drive on your computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.