You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 14 heating while left on charger with 100% battery.

My MacBook stays hot while not active at the charger. Battery is 100% of charge and wake on network access is set to off. So when I close my MacBook it should sleep, but its always hot, when I leave it on MagSafe.

And on the other hand when I work on my MacBook during the day with MagSafe connected it stays cold...

I really don't know what to do with that, I checked my battery health it used only 80 cycles but it is already 96% capacity.

Also I checked the internet, and not only me have such a problem.

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 25, 2022 5:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 7:48 AM

Istishev wrote:

My MacBook stays hot while not active at the charger. Battery is 100% of charge and wake on network access is set to off. So when I close my MacBook it should sleep, but its always hot, when I leave it on MagSafe.

And on the other hand when I work on my MacBook during the day with MagSafe connected it stays cold...

I really don't know what to do with that, I checked my battery health it used only 80 cycles but it is already 96% capacity.

On the M1 Mac — try SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anomalies.

verify your software is up to date:

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.4

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/get-macos-updates-mchlpx1065/mac

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 26, 2022 7:48 AM in response to Istishev

Istishev wrote:

On the M1 Mac — try SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anomalies.

verify your software is up to date:

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.4

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/get-macos-updates-mchlpx1065/mac

MacBook Pro 14 heating while left on charger with 100% battery.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.