You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone downloaded and tried using the AltTab tool?

Hello,

I love using my mac, but I miss one feature that windows had when using the Alt + Tab keys. It would open every instance of the same application you have open. With mac, it only lets you tab through one instance.

I've been searching online and found an application called Alt Tab - has anyone tried it? Is it safe?

AltTab - Windows alt-tab on macOS (alt-tab-macos.netlify.app)

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 25, 2022 12:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 1:58 PM

From the article: Press Control-Down Arrow.

And, on a Macbook Pro, the trackpad is pretty darn close to the keyboard.

Note that, while I may be suggesting things that are not exactly like how things worked on Windows, the may do what you need if you learn to use them.

But, best of luck.

Similar questions

5 replies

May 25, 2022 12:12 PM in response to Peaches Van

Peaches Van wrote:

Hello,
I love using my mac, but I miss one feature that windows had when using the Alt + Tab keys. It would open every instance of the same application you have open. With mac, it only lets you tab through one instance.

Do you mean every window? Because you can only have one instance of an app running at a time.

You can switch between windows in an app using command-~.

Has anyone downloaded and tried using the AltTab tool?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.