You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a iPhone 8plus and I was trying to update my software and for some reason it says failure. Please contact me as soon as possible

It doesn’t want to update to the newest version iOS 15.5

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on May 26, 2022 7:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 7:55 PM

We’re other users, not Apple. We can’t call you, and, well, you probably don’t want us calling you.

Details on the failure might help, what you;ve tried, what happened, and what error messages if any.

Remove add-on VPN client app and any add-on security apps installed, and restart your iPhone.

If the restart does not allow an update, use a computer as described here:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 26, 2022 7:55 PM in response to rubi230

We’re other users, not Apple. We can’t call you, and, well, you probably don’t want us calling you.

Details on the failure might help, what you;ve tried, what happened, and what error messages if any.

Remove add-on VPN client app and any add-on security apps installed, and restart your iPhone.

If the restart does not allow an update, use a computer as described here:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I have a iPhone 8plus and I was trying to update my software and for some reason it says failure. Please contact me as soon as possible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.