You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update to macOS Monterey 12.4 not available for Mac Mini M1 2020?

My Mac Mini M1, 2020, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal SSD, is running macOS Monterey 12.3.1.

The software update utility is not offering me to update to macOS Monterey 12.4. Instead it's reporting that my Mac Mini is running at latest level - macOS Monterey 12.3.1.

I'm wondering if 12.4 is really not available for my Mac Mini M1?

Mac mini, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 27, 2022 7:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 27, 2022 9:26 AM

VPN's, third party AV-ware and other cleaning junkware, can block your Mac from updating properly.

Startup in Safe Mode and check for an Update.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

3 replies

May 28, 2022 12:44 AM in response to den.thed

Thanks @den.thed for your prompt response. Starting up in safe mode is no longer necessary.

When I logged into the Mac this morning there was a message window telling me that my Mac was restarted last night because of a problem. Now the software updater is offering me to update to 12.4.

Whatever caused this issue ... I'm not using a VPN nor any AV-ware and other cleaning software.

Done.

Update to macOS Monterey 12.4 not available for Mac Mini M1 2020?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.