You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud not downloading full resolution photos.

Looking for help as I feel a little lost here.

I just purchased an iPhone 13 Pro Max and I was experimenting with the camera. But when I downloaded the photos to my Windows PC from iCloud, I was disappointed to see that the photo dimensions were only 1536 x 2048 pixels. Is there a setting I missed so that my photos will actually be downloaded at the maximum size of 3024 x 4032 pixels, which is what they should be?

My photos info on my iPhone says that the images are actually 3024 x 4032 pixels. I have the setting in my iPhone set to "Download and Keep Originals" and obviously I have iCloud Photos on. So, at a loss as to why my downloaded photos from iCloud are only 1536 x 2048?

I really would appreciate any advice. Thank heaps.

Posted on May 27, 2022 10:10 AM

4 replies

May 28, 2022 12:15 PM in response to ArmMan1016

Hello ArmMan1016

Thank you so much for replying.

I'm using Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H2, with the latest update.

I can get full resolution photos by manually downloading from iCloud.com, but syncing through iCloud to my PC has never presented low res photos before iPhone 13 Pro.

Interestingly, I purchased a new iPad, the same time I purchased my iPhone 13 Max Pro, and I took a few photos with my new iPad, to see if it was an issue with Photos or iCloud.com. But no, iCloud.com synced full res 3024 x 4032 to my iCloud folder on my PC.

I've no idea why this anomaly would exist with iPhone 13. By the way, both iPhone and iPad are on the latest iOS 15.5.

Thanks

Rosa

May 28, 2022 12:30 PM in response to TammyW_03

TammyW_03

Hi Tammy,

Thank you for your response. Yes, all my software is fully updated and I've reached out to Apple Support and screen shared my phone with them, and there are no issues with the settings. The support person really couldn't help so I have an appointment to see a support person at an Apple store on Friday.

Hopefully, I can get a resolution to this issue soon.

Best regards,

Rosa

iCloud not downloading full resolution photos.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.