You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off share Focus settings with my other Apple devices?

I always try to be nice when coming here, I don't know why my earlier post was deleted. If I did something wrong, please let me know what I did wrong. Here's my question again.

I do not want to share Focus settings with my other Apple devices. How can I turn this off? I would be happy to disable Focus settings entirely and just have Do Not Disturb if that is possible.

Thank you.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 27, 2022 4:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 27, 2022 6:14 PM

I haven't see your other post(s) so don't know if you've seen or tried the following from Set up Focus on iPhone - Apple Support

This does work for me.

You can use the same Focus settings on all your Apple devices where you’re signed in with the same Apple ID.

1. Go to Settings  > Focus.
  2. Turn on Share Across Devices.

Also, on a Mac, the option is at Apple menu > System Preferences > Notifications & Focus > Focus > Share across devices (Note that is not the same as the "Share Focus Settings" in the same preference.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 27, 2022 6:14 PM in response to Ziatron

I haven't see your other post(s) so don't know if you've seen or tried the following from Set up Focus on iPhone - Apple Support

This does work for me.

You can use the same Focus settings on all your Apple devices where you’re signed in with the same Apple ID.

1. Go to Settings  > Focus.
  2. Turn on Share Across Devices.

Also, on a Mac, the option is at Apple menu > System Preferences > Notifications & Focus > Focus > Share across devices (Note that is not the same as the "Share Focus Settings" in the same preference.

May 28, 2022 10:50 AM in response to FoxFifth

Thank you for trying to help me. I have already tried the items that you are suggesting.

I have been to Apple support. I was told that this is a "known bug" since the introduction of iOS 15. I was hoping that the smart people here might have a workaround. It was suggested to me that this bug may never be fixed because they want to force people into two-factor authentication. Support suggested that I create a separate account for each device that I own. As a shareholder and Apple customer since 1979, I was disappointed in that advice.

What I am forced to do now, is use the silent switch on my iPhone. I don't like this solution because it prevents emergency phone calls and Favorites from breaking through DND.

How do I turn off share Focus settings with my other Apple devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.