You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two Apple IDs

Apparently I have two apple IDs - meaning some apps on my imac update while others will not. How do I merge them?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 28, 2022 9:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2022 9:38 AM

You can't merge Apple IDs. You can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.   *

ASC YouTube for Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up.  *

Family Sharing - Set up on iPhone.  -

2 replies

Jun 2, 2022 5:19 AM in response to mulvennk

For years I have had two different Apple IDs, I don’t know why I was randomly prompted to create a different Apple ID for the App Store and iTunes back in 2018. I have had a different Apple ID that I am signed into specifically for App Store, subscriptions/purchases, and my main Apple ID supports all of the other things that an Apple ID does. I’ve upgraded my iPhone to a newer one multiple times since then and the two different ids have always stayed assigned to their specific purposes… but now I am unable to sign into iTunes with the Apple ID that all of my App Store purchases, subscriptions, downloads, music etc. are all connected to. All of my content is tied to that specific ID. When I try logging into iTunes with it, it begins to login then stops at the very end and I’m back at the sign in screen and my other Apple ID will be already filled in and the cursor will be in the password box. There is never any error message and I will erase my main Apple ID and re-enter the one I’ve been using for iTunes and the App Store and everything of mentioned previously and I will enter my password for that Apple ID and it will just keep repeating the same loop over and over again. That is one of the two issues that I really need help with because I have no idea why this is happening. The second problem that I’m having is one that I just ran into this morning. I have two iPhones with different phone numbers but both of them are signed in with the two different Apple IDs and both phones have my main Apple ID and the one that is used for the App Store etc. and the phone that is connected to the main phone number on my account automatically installed the new update however my other iPhone which only has a different phone number, aside from that, it is signed in to both of my Apple IDs just like the other phone but it would not automatically install the update and on the screen it said that I needed to plug my phone directly into my computer and open iTunes to install it but when I plugged it in and open iTunes the screen says welcome to your new iPhone then it asks if I would like to set up this iPhone as a new iPhone or restore all of the information from a previous backup… Then it gives me the option to click either set up as new iPhone or restore from a specific backup and the back up that it’s offering me to restore from is the back up from my old phone which was connected to my other phone number, not the phone number for this phone and the back up is from November of last year. I do not want to lose any contacts that I have on this phone and I’ve had it since spring of last year so I don’t know why it’s showing me the screen at all and I’m super confused… Plus it shows the name of this specific phone on the same iTunes page right under the Apple logo yet I can’t move forward at all without choosing one of the two options and I’m not the most tech savvy person in the world but I’m pretty sure that if I chose either one of those options I would lose all of the contents and settings on this phone. I have not been able to find any similar problems and I’ve tried rephrasing my problem as many different ways that I could think of that would still be relevant to this strange issue that I’m having so I would greatly , super greatly appreciate help from anyone that has an idea of what is going on. Thank you in advance.

Two Apple IDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.