You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cloud Music Library stuck updating

In the Music app on my Mac (macOS 12.4), I get "Updating Cloud Music Library" with a continuously spinning wheel at the bottom of my Apple Music window, and the activity window just shows one row that says "Loading Cloud Music Library..." and a second that says "Cloud Music Library: Updating Cloud Music Library". This operation never completes. I see no Internet activity from this app. In trying to resolve this, I have deleted my old music folder and reset the files location from the preferences in the app. I have restarted the Music app and I am still getting this never ending "Updating Cloud Music" spinner.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on May 31, 2022 7:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 10:35 AM

Went through numerous proposed fixes that I found online. Finally, deauthorizing and reauthorizing in the Music app worked.

1 reply

Cloud Music Library stuck updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.