You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes has disappeared

My iTunes application is gone from my Macbook Pro, apple M1 chip, Big Sur 11.6.5.

When I try to move stuff out of "trash" I am asked for a password?

Local Storage does not clear really when you clear it.

This is the glitchiest Macintosh I have ever owned. Been using Mac since 2000.

What the heck happened to my iTunes application?

Since when do I need a password to empty trash?

And WHY do some websites NOT clear from preferences when I clear Local Storage?

WHERE IS THE VIRUS IN THIS PIG.?????

I considered trading this in, as it is rather new. But I do not want another mac after this debacle.

I come here and ask for help and get something, but never are the problems solved. iTunes has deleted the titles of the music I have uploaded from my CD collection. It changes the artwork. How does it have the rights/permissions to do that?

Jody Kuchar

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on May 31, 2022 5:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 6:11 PM

The iTunes app for Mac was discontinued in 2019 when macOS Catalina was released. It was replaced with other app. See information in What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 1, 2022 1:47 PM in response to acunningstunt

As of Septmeber 2021, since the upgrade to big sur, users have been reporting issues with their iTunes app. Specifically, they

are getting an error that says iTunes is no longer responding after the last OS upgrade.

This is sort of my problem. I HAD itunes store on this mac and have used it extensively. Then 2 weeks ago, it vanished.

Nothing. Can't find it in APPS in hard drive.

[Edited by Moderator]

iTunes has disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.