You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AutoCorrect changes correct word

Every time I type “well”, my iPhone changes it to “we’ll”. I almost always mean WELL, as in ‘well, that was fun’. I don’t want to turn off autocorrect totally; I just don’t understand why iPhone doesn’t think it’s a correctly spelled word and wants to change it.

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 5:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 7:54 AM

Hello dianak123,

Thanks for your post to Apple Support Communities. We have some suggestions that may help with that auto-correct issue. First, let's see if you also use predictive text on your iPhone.

Tap on Settings > General > Keyboard. See if Predictive is enabled.

Then, go to something you were typing in. Type "well". Once the predictive suggestions pop up to auto-correct it to "we'll", make sure to tap the other predicted suggestion of "well". Do this a few times.

That will often help the system learn that when you type "well" you do mean "well" and not a word that needs auto-corrected.

Here's more information about using predictive text on your iPhone:

Use predictive text on iPhone - Apple Support

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 2, 2022 7:54 AM in response to dianak123

Hello dianak123,

Thanks for your post to Apple Support Communities. We have some suggestions that may help with that auto-correct issue. First, let's see if you also use predictive text on your iPhone.

Tap on Settings > General > Keyboard. See if Predictive is enabled.

Then, go to something you were typing in. Type "well". Once the predictive suggestions pop up to auto-correct it to "we'll", make sure to tap the other predicted suggestion of "well". Do this a few times.

That will often help the system learn that when you type "well" you do mean "well" and not a word that needs auto-corrected.

Here's more information about using predictive text on your iPhone:

Use predictive text on iPhone - Apple Support

Take care.

AutoCorrect changes correct word

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.