You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly Unable to Access Gmail

As of this morning, I am unable to access my Gmail account through IMAP on my iPhone. My password is constantly rejected. I can access my Gmail account using that same password through a web interface. Something has changed with Gmail, but I don’t know where to look or what to look for. I have an XS.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 7:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 9:04 AM

patlaw wrote:

As of this morning, I am unable to access my Gmail account through IMAP on my iPhone. My password is constantly rejected. I can access my Gmail account using that same password through a web interface. Something has changed with Gmail, but I don’t know where to look or what to look for. I have an XS.

contact google support.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 2, 2022 9:04 AM in response to patlaw

patlaw wrote:

contact google support.

Jun 7, 2022 3:53 PM in response to patlaw

I have this problem too. Apparently the cause of the issue is this:

"To help keep your account secure, from May 30, 2022, ​​Google no longer supports the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account using only your username and password.

Important: This deadline does not apply to Google Workspace or Google Cloud Identity customers. The enforcement date for these customers will be announced on the Workspace blog at a later date.

For more information, continue to read."

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255

(I'm using MacOS Mail version 12.4)

Suddenly Unable to Access Gmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.