You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My older apps must be under a different apple id. cant use.

My older apps must be under a different apple id. cant use. How can i merge them?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 8:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 1:17 PM

You can't merge purchases between 2 Apple ID. You can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.   *

ASC YouTube for Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up.  *

Family Sharing - Set up on iPhone.  -

If you can't use the different Apple ID, one option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.  *

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 2, 2022 1:17 PM in response to boylerchins

You can't merge purchases between 2 Apple ID. You can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.   *

ASC YouTube for Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up.  *

Family Sharing - Set up on iPhone.  -

If you can't use the different Apple ID, one option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.  *

My older apps must be under a different apple id. cant use.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.