You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activity and Health app not syncing

Hello,

Looks like I have a problem with the Activity app and the Health app.

The two do not sync, so the following problem arises:

In the Health application I have a number of steps of 2000 for example and on the Apple Watch I have only 15.

What I mean is that if I leave my watch on charging and take 5,000 steps with my phone in hand, these steps won't sync to the Activity app on the Apple Watch.

I followed the steps below:

"On your iPhone, go to: Settings> Privacy> Motion & Fitness - check that both Fitness Tracking and Health are enabled.

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch> Privacy> check that both Fitness Tracking and Heart Rate are enabled.

Close certain apps and then restart (normally) both your iPhone and your Apple Watch:

Close the Watch app, Activity app and Health app (if open) on your iPhone:

Double-click the Home button, then swipe up on each app preview to close the apps.

Turn both devices off together, then restart your iPhone first "

I also reset the Apple Watch and unpair it.

Please help me, it's very frustrating.

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 5:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 5:52 AM

Any steps you record with the phone goes straight into the health app and NOT to the watch,anything your watch records goes via the fitness/activity app then is uploaded to the health app,they are both separate processes.The health app is a database for all your fitness data regardless of where it comes from.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 3, 2022 5:52 AM in response to PaulBogdann

Any steps you record with the phone goes straight into the health app and NOT to the watch,anything your watch records goes via the fitness/activity app then is uploaded to the health app,they are both separate processes.The health app is a database for all your fitness data regardless of where it comes from.

Activity and Health app not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.