You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emoji Keyboard is not working.

I installed the recent update on my iPad and now my emoji's are not working. I have erased and reinstalled the emoji keyboard, restarted my iPad, and searched the Apple C

ommunity for suggestions--none of which have worked. I cannot find a globe icon in messages as suggested. I would appreciate some help.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 9:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 9:38 AM

Within the Messages App, tap the compass icon to access Memojis - if supported by your iPad.

Emojis are accessed directly from your iPad on-screen keyboard - if enabled in iPad settings:

Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard - select and add Emojis

The Globe icon will only be visible if you have also selected an additional language keyboard.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 3, 2022 9:38 AM in response to Suzan530

Within the Messages App, tap the compass icon to access Memojis - if supported by your iPad.

Emojis are accessed directly from your iPad on-screen keyboard - if enabled in iPad settings:

Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard - select and add Emojis

The Globe icon will only be visible if you have also selected an additional language keyboard.

Jun 3, 2022 9:56 AM in response to LotusPilot

I just figured something out. I have an attached bluetooth keyboard and there is a globe key and a keyboard key on the top row. Both of these will take me to the emoji's. I used to be able to just type a word (like heart or love) to get a choice of emoji's connected to that word. That doesn't work any more, but at least I can get to them now. Thanks for your help.

Emoji Keyboard is not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.