You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i change my Device's Name

i have a new Mac Studio M1. when i first turned it on, i gave it my name and the same password. Now the device is showing up as "(My Name)'s Power Mac G5 (2).

Is there a way that i can change the name of that to my 2022 Mac Studio?

I tried to go into

Apple Menu > System Preferences > Sharing to edit it there (after unlocking and then locking) and it would not save the new name.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Mac Studio, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 5:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 1:28 PM

You are welcome for pointing to in the right direction

Do come back to the Apple Support Communities ( ASC )  in the future, if / or when additional questions may arise.

FYI - removing a Question falls Sole in the Domain of the Moderator(s) of the Forums.

Besides - the interact here may assist others will a similar or same question.

In so doing, you will have assisted someone else be it indirectly

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 4, 2022 1:28 PM in response to gladimsaved

You are welcome for pointing to in the right direction

Do come back to the Apple Support Communities ( ASC )  in the future, if / or when additional questions may arise.

FYI - removing a Question falls Sole in the Domain of the Moderator(s) of the Forums.

Besides - the interact here may assist others will a similar or same question.

In so doing, you will have assisted someone else be it indirectly

Jun 4, 2022 9:40 AM in response to PRP_53

it is now the new name that i wanted.

I went on your site to check to see if it changed on here, and it did.

This case is now solved.

Thank You... sorry to trouble you with such a mundane situation. i guess that it took 24 hours to resolve? Anyhow, All is good!

Now if there was only a way to delete this entire question and thread. Maybe somebody can tell me how to?

How do i change my Device's Name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.