You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPOD

As the owner of three Ipods and two Apple computers I was very disappointed to read that apple will discontinue the Ipod. I use my 160 GB classic in my car. I was planning on replacing my Apple laptop, so now that I can no longer buy an Ipod I have decided to abandon Apple completely. So I will be replacing my laptop and desktop Apple computers with Windows computers. I am sure Apples reason for abandoning the millions of Ipod users was based purely on economics, and I hope you get a lot of notes like mine!

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 6:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 8:20 AM

The iPod classic ceased production in 2014. Apple recently announced they are withdrawing the iPod touch, see The music lives on - Apple. Why do you think Apple are abandoning the current users? You can still use your iPod classic eight years after they stopped being sold, and fifteen years after the initial release of the iPod classic line, you just cannot buy a new one. Now the same has happened to the iPod touch. I would expect iTunes and Music to support them for some time to come. If you need a replacement for a dying iPod consider an iPhone, or find a product from another manufacturer that suits you.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 4, 2022 8:20 AM in response to KJGCT1

The iPod classic ceased production in 2014. Apple recently announced they are withdrawing the iPod touch, see The music lives on - Apple. Why do you think Apple are abandoning the current users? You can still use your iPod classic eight years after they stopped being sold, and fifteen years after the initial release of the iPod classic line, you just cannot buy a new one. Now the same has happened to the iPod touch. I would expect iTunes and Music to support them for some time to come. If you need a replacement for a dying iPod consider an iPhone, or find a product from another manufacturer that suits you.

tt2

IPOD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.