You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi! i lost my iphone ! it is offline . How can i find it?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 10:22 AM

3 replies

Jun 7, 2022 8:31 PM in response to Victoriaperm7

Victoriaperm7 Said:

"hi! i lost my iphone ! it is offline . How can i find it?"

-------

Finding a Lost iPhone

Find My can only be enabled directly on the iPhone. It cannot be enabled elsewhere.

So, what to Try:

• Dial it: See if it is heard ringing

• Ask Local Authorities: See if it has be hanged over.

• Text It: Ask whomever has come across it, to contact you.

• Ask Someone: See if someone you know (i.e. Friend, or Family Member) if that came across it.

• Backtrack your Locations: If you are at a coffee shop, or a library, stop by and see if it was safely placed aside.

Jun 5, 2022 12:26 PM in response to Victoriaperm7

Hello there Victoriaperm7,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We can understand the concern, and we're happy to help. If you see your lost iPhone on the Find My app but its offline, here's what you can do per the Apple Support article: "You can still play a sound, send a message, issue a lock request, or start an erase of your iOS device with Find My. Your device receives the command after you turn on your device and connect to the Internet."

Complete details on this can be found here:

If Find My is offline or not working - Apple Support

We hope this helps you.

Jun 7, 2022 8:14 PM in response to ArmMan1016

Apple Support, your answer and that articulate are no help. I don't care if the sound plays or a note about being lost opens -when I find it!!! I want to know what I can do TO FIND it when off line. I'm guessing there is nothing you can do to find the phone when off line, which is why the FindMy apps pretty much useless. You can do nothing if the device is located by another and not returned, you can do nothing if stolen even though you have all the details about the phone. If someone activated my lost/stolen phone they simply get to have it.

I'm a little frustrated and disappointed because I was sure I'd find my phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.