You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications silenced

When others text me it shows notifications are silenced but texts are coming through. DND and focus are not enabled. I deleted all previous focus profiles. I checked settings. Restarted etc. no luck.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 11:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 4:03 PM

Thanks but that isn’t what the issue is.

The issue is that someone who is sending me a text sees “ Jackie has alerts silenced” as if my phone is on DND or focus but it is not.

I have powered the phone off.

I have deleted all focus profiles and started over.

I have followed the instructions above to check settings.

My software is up to date.

My messages are coming through normally because I do not have dnd or focus enabled. It just looks like I do to people who text me.

what else can I do to fix this?

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 5, 2022 4:03 PM in response to karina184

Thanks but that isn’t what the issue is.

The issue is that someone who is sending me a text sees “ Jackie has alerts silenced” as if my phone is on DND or focus but it is not.

I have powered the phone off.

I have deleted all focus profiles and started over.

I have followed the instructions above to check settings.

My software is up to date.

My messages are coming through normally because I do not have dnd or focus enabled. It just looks like I do to people who text me.

what else can I do to fix this?

Jun 5, 2022 12:45 PM in response to Mancino

Hello Mancino,

Ensure that you and the contact(s) have the devices updated to the latest iOS version, which will ensure the latest improvements/fixes are applied. Currently the latest is iOS 15.5, and this page can help update if needed: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

On your device try the following:

1. Head to Settings > Focus.

2. Turn ‘Share Across Devices’ to On if it is currently off.

3. Turn on one of your default Focus states, such as Do Not Disturb or Personal.

4. Wait a few seconds, then disable that Focus.

5. Check with the other person to see if they're still seeing that your notifications are silenced.

Cheers.

Notifications silenced

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.