You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change discontinued email apple ID on iPad to new apple ID used for iPhone

i have a new apple ID/PW for my iPhone; my old apple ID email is no longer active and i don't know the PW. need to change my old iPad apple ID to the new one. how do i do that without knowing the PW for that old account?

iPad Air 5 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 2:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 3:12 PM

There are two possible ways you got to your current state:

1. You changed the old Apple ID to a new one. In that case, your Apple ID should have been properly charged and the article above should assist further if required.
  2. You created a new Apple ID, having nothing to do with the old one. In this case (likely), you look like a completely different person and no longer can use anything associated with that old Apple ID.

If you have sufficient iPad proof of purchase documentation, see “Start a support request” here.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 5, 2022 3:12 PM in response to AlpineSkiBum

There are two possible ways you got to your current state:

1. You changed the old Apple ID to a new one. In that case, your Apple ID should have been properly charged and the article above should assist further if required.
  2. You created a new Apple ID, having nothing to do with the old one. In this case (likely), you look like a completely different person and no longer can use anything associated with that old Apple ID.

If you have sufficient iPad proof of purchase documentation, see “Start a support request” here.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

change discontinued email apple ID on iPad to new apple ID used for iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.