You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone making loud screeching noise

whenever I’m on the phone or FaceTime my phone makes a horrible loud screeching noise. I recorded a video and when I watched it ,I heard the same noise what’s going on with my mic on my iPhone 11?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 9:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 3:00 PM

If the other person is not able to listen to you then please click this to identify the issue --> If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't ...

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 16, 2022 4:11 PM in response to Helpmefixmyiphone13

I am sorry that happened to you. I was recording a good amount of video that was important to me and my video recording DIDN'T record sound. I had to buy sound recording lapels and other cheap equipment to compensate.

After I bought the microphone, I was able to determine that the sound did work and it was simply not playing at the time.

The iPhone has more AI in it than most laptops. It sets some things automatically, and may have enabled a setting that is causing a problem.

I don't know what the exact setting would be because there is quite a bit missing from your post.

I used to troubleshoot problems on my Windows laptop without having to touch the registry, usually a reboot would work.

Please provide a little more background and under what conditions the white noise/screeching occured.

Microphone making loud screeching noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.