You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook crashes when in sleep mode

Over the last few days, my Mac appears to crash when going into sleep mode or whenever the display goes off. Then when I log back in I get an error message saying that MacOS had to restart due to a crash. I have attached a portion of the most recent crash report since the full thing exceeds the 25000 character limit.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 10:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 4:13 PM

Hi AirJordanFan993, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are experiencing crashes whenever your MacBook Pro goes to sleep mode or the display goes off.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

Do you have any accessory that is connected to your MacBook Pro? For example, external storage or external monitors?

If yes, does it help if you remove your accessories?

Also, we recommend that you check if the issue persists when signed in on a different user account. 

The article below can help if you do not have any other user account to test with.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

If you are experiencing the issue when signed in on a different user account, we recommend that you check if the issue persists while on safe mode. 

Below is an article to help guide you through the process.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 7, 2022 4:13 PM in response to AirJordanFan993

Hi AirJordanFan993, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are experiencing crashes whenever your MacBook Pro goes to sleep mode or the display goes off.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

Do you have any accessory that is connected to your MacBook Pro? For example, external storage or external monitors?

If yes, does it help if you remove your accessories?

Also, we recommend that you check if the issue persists when signed in on a different user account. 

The article below can help if you do not have any other user account to test with.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

If you are experiencing the issue when signed in on a different user account, we recommend that you check if the issue persists while on safe mode. 

Below is an article to help guide you through the process.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Take care!

MacBook crashes when in sleep mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.