You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to call from contacts it says you have dialled an incorrect number, or sounds like a foreign dial. If I turn off dial assist it works ok but as soon as I turn back on again it fails

When I try to call from contacts , I get an incorrect number has been dialled, however if I turn off dial assist it works ok, but turning dial assist back on again and the problem comes back

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 12:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 3:55 AM

Found an answer , seems phone is confused by what region it is in, so went to settings general language & region then changed region to another country , then back to United Kingdom and it then worked ok.

1 reply

When I try to call from contacts it says you have dialled an incorrect number, or sounds like a foreign dial. If I turn off dial assist it works ok but as soon as I turn back on again it fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.