You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low battery capacity in only 7 months. M1 Mac Pro

So I have the 14" macpro, purchased Nov.21. This is my 3rd macbook and I've never experienced such quick battery degradation, i noticed my adapter wasn't charging the laptop so I checked battery health. It showed battery is at 91% capacity. I used coconut battery to verify and its showing max capacity of 5225mAh vs the designed 6075 which is even lower %.

Has anyone else experienced this with M1?

I usually have it plugged in relying on default battery management of iOS. Never drained it empty, don't leave it out in hot/cold conditions.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 4:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 3:59 AM

It could possible stay at that level for months; my 2016 MBP has been at 89% for over two years with the original battery.

If you Mac is operating properly, don't start dreaming up problems that don't exist yet. Capacity degradation is inevitable for sure, but its progress is non linear.

Apple recommends you service the battery at 80% capacity. That may well be a long time from now.

Charge it when you need to, use the battery when you need to and let the circuitry keep your battery healthy; that's what it's designed to do for you.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 8, 2022 3:59 AM in response to Sin3rgy

It could possible stay at that level for months; my 2016 MBP has been at 89% for over two years with the original battery.

If you Mac is operating properly, don't start dreaming up problems that don't exist yet. Capacity degradation is inevitable for sure, but its progress is non linear.

Apple recommends you service the battery at 80% capacity. That may well be a long time from now.

Charge it when you need to, use the battery when you need to and let the circuitry keep your battery healthy; that's what it's designed to do for you.

Low battery capacity in only 7 months. M1 Mac Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.