You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Change

Hi, I’m needing to have my battery replaced on my iPhone 12, what are the chances of it wiping all of my data on my iPhone?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 2:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 4:49 AM

have you read iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

2 replies

Jun 8, 2022 7:09 AM in response to keely666

Unlikely, but whenever a device is brought in for servicing, Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider reserve the right to wipe a device if they believe it’s needed to complete the service. I just brought in a Mac for a battery replacement. I was told that they didn’t need my passwords (unlike with an iPhone - where I changed it to something simple) but still got asked if I had backed it up.

But they’ll still do a battery service even if the customer hasn’t backed up. The chances of wiping are slim but not zero. I don’t know anyone who had a device wiped. However, there is a chance that they might offer a complete replacement device in lieu of a battery replacement. Even then, they might help transfer the data before taking in the exchange.

Battery Change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.