You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Colour that will not change

I have typed a document that had preset words such as [date] in red. I put in the date which remained in red. Now I want to change it all to black. However, the icon for text color disappears when I either highlight the word or the entire text to change everything to black. What am I doing wrong?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 1:55 PM

6 replies

Jun 10, 2022 5:58 PM in response to CarrollfromNC

Hi caroll,

Did Viking OSX's post solve your issue?

If so, you should select that message and click the 'Solved' button shown (to you) with that message.

clicking the button does several things:

• places a copy of the message at the top of the responses to your question, where it is easily found by anyone looking for a solution to the same issue (as in this pair of example)s:

• Replaces the grey checkmark in the topic list with a green 'solved' token, indicating the message thread contains a solution to the issue.
  • Awards 10 'reputation' points to the person providing that solution, providing readers with an indication of how often that person has replied with answers that have solved (or helped to solve) an issue posted in these communities.

Regards,Barry

Jun 10, 2022 3:35 PM in response to CarrollfromNC

By "preset" do you mean placeholder text? The following works identically for me on macOS 11.6.6 and 12.4, each with Pages v12.0.

I entered "[date]" (without the quotes) in a blank Pages document, and then selected the "date" text and changed it to red. I then inserted a default date from the Insert menu > Date & Time. At this point, whether you click on that date entry and a settings dialog appears, or you drag/select the still red text date contents without clicking, you can change the Text Color inkwell color from red to black. There is no icon for text color that I can see.

Text Colour that will not change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.