You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV (A1469) no WiFi option

Hi there. I’ve got an Apple TV (A1469) unit but it wont show any WiFi options under the Network menu; only Ethernet. I tried connecting to Ethernet, restoring the unit and resetting, then unplugging the Ethernet cable but still no option for WiFi.

The Apple TV is to be used in a room without Ethernet, so I really need WiFi to show up, but its literally just not an option in the Network settings.

Any ideas?

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 3:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 5:18 AM

Wi-Fi options would be disabled if an ethernet plug is inserted into the ethernet port on Apple TV. Verify that the port is empty and undamaged. Wi-Fi options would be enabled if nothing is in the ethernet port.

As the 3rd generation model is now officially an unsupported (technically “obsolete”) model, any malfunction or damage may not be repairable through Apple. The repair webpage does still list it in their price list, though. You can try if you think it’s worth it.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 11, 2022 5:18 AM in response to inkeys

Wi-Fi options would be disabled if an ethernet plug is inserted into the ethernet port on Apple TV. Verify that the port is empty and undamaged. Wi-Fi options would be enabled if nothing is in the ethernet port.

As the 3rd generation model is now officially an unsupported (technically “obsolete”) model, any malfunction or damage may not be repairable through Apple. The repair webpage does still list it in their price list, though. You can try if you think it’s worth it.

Apple TV (A1469) no WiFi option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.