You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovering the password for an account opened with a Hide My Email address.

If I create a new account somewhere with a Hide My Email address, how can I recover the account password? Apparently these passwords are not saved anywhere.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 10:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 10:52 AM

You don’t. When using Hide My Email Address with supported websites, there is no password created for it. It uses an identifier to log you in directly instead which is not a password and cannot be used as such.

Some Websites, will let you update the account to use a regular email address and add a password for it from inside the account settings on the website.

On others would may need to create a new account.

Link-> How do I turn off the hide my e-mail feat… - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 11, 2022 10:52 AM in response to CSE

You don’t. When using Hide My Email Address with supported websites, there is no password created for it. It uses an identifier to log you in directly instead which is not a password and cannot be used as such.

Some Websites, will let you update the account to use a regular email address and add a password for it from inside the account settings on the website.

On others would may need to create a new account.

Link-> How do I turn off the hide my e-mail feat… - Apple Community

Recovering the password for an account opened with a Hide My Email address.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.